Sunday, 1 July 2012

The Roving Bond

I'm afraid various duties have kept me away from the blog in the last week. It's a busy time of year for us British academics, as we try to wind up the business of examining students and doling out degrees. There have been a number of tantalizing episodes in the last seven days which have drawn me close to the blogface - no prizes for guessing which ones ... - but devoir oblige.

However, I'm happy to announce that The Sensible Bond is going a-roving over the next few weeks. Tomorrow I'll be heading to Exeter, while Friday will see me board a flight for Chicago. I'll be back in the UK within a few days but will hardly have time to draw breath before boarding yet another flight, this time for Bergen, Norway. I'm looking forward to it all really, apart from my temporary separation from wife and daughter.

The computer and the camera will be with me at all times, and I hope to give readers a flavour of these various destinations, along with my usual brand of customary burbling. Wasn't there an old folk song: Who'll come a-roving with me? Maybe not. There was one called Spencer the Rover, however. This one goes out to the Reading Massive whom I hope to see very soon.

1 comment:

Anagnostis said...

Aaahh, John Martyn - there's nobody like him. Bon voyage, Ches, and haste ye back.