Monday, 6 June 2011

I'm too excited ...

... to write about TOB. I just learned I have got a new and permanent job! I cannot tell you what a relief this is!

Many thanks to all who prayed for me last week. Blessed John Henry Newman be thanked for his intercession!

It has been a long and difficult path these last few years.

On the suggestion of the Rev Trisagion, let Te Deum and Non nobis be sung!



This weekend, one of the speakers at the TOB conference quoted a Mexican proverb which says: Every baby comes with a piece of bread under his arm. In our case this certainly seems true since we are expecting our first baby on 5 September a few days after the new job begins!!!

14 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Many, many congratulations!

Anagnostis said...

Congratulations twice over! Bit of paternity leave as soon as you start? Splendid!

Anagnostis said...

BTW, how do you know it was Newman, and not the venerable hierarch I referred your case to? :op

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt congratulations !

Sue Sims said...

Mazeltov!

I did wonder...

Richard Collins said...

Well done and many congratulations!

Gregory the Eremite said...

Bravo! What's the job?

berenike said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

GOR said...

Congratulations Ches - bis even. Or as we say over here - Yay!

Ttony said...

Really wonderful news on both counts - many congratulations!

Toby said...

Congratulations x 2.

I am struck by your words at the end of your post of disappointment - "God remains in charge" and the subsequent change in fortune. Truly God rewards his loyal servant?!

Toby

Genty said...

It was a "yes" after all (punches air). Many congratulations on your double cause for celebration.

JARay said...

Although a little late at getting round to it, I offer my most sincere congratulations on both your items of news. I hope that both will be equally rewarding. God bless.

Ches said...

THanks again!