Friday, 19 November 2010

It is a far far better thing that I do now ...

Dear readers,

As many of you know by know I am getting married tomorrow. That is why posts have been rather thin on the ground in the last couple of weeks. I leave today for Hoddesdon where guests are already starting to arrive from France, Italy and across the UK. I'm quite beside myself with excitement, though I could do without the cold which has lingered for three bloomin' weeks!!

Anyway, blogging service will be resumed after a short break. I ask meanwhile for your prayers on our special day, and if anyone is in the Hoddesdon area around 12pm tomorrow, you will be most welcome to attend the Nuptial Mass. We will marry at St Augustine of Hippo's Catholic church, Esdaile Place, Hoddesdon, EN11 8DS.

Meanwhile, one wit informs me that today is the day, and the only day, on which I can legitimately sing this little ditty. So, pushing out my chest, bobbing my head like a pigeon, and clicking my heels with gusto, I leave you with these sublime thoughts. I hasten to add I will not be conducting myself like this the evening before my own wedding!

Yours as ever,
Ches.

9 comments:

Fr Ray Blake said...

My prayers for you both.

Mac McLernon said...

Prayers for you both - have a wonderful day, and may it be the beginning of many years of happiness! God bless you.

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Dorothy said...

Wishing you every happiness.

umblepie said...

Best wishes to you both.

Anagnostis said...

Wishing you both every happiness and blessing, with assurance of prayers.

- Moretben

Ttony said...

Best wishes and prayers!

Richard said...

Good luck!

And if the preparations and the rehearsal and all the rest are anything like mine, you're just about ready to call it all off. Don't. Just a few more hours of discomfort and forced smiling, then they'll all leave you alone.

GOR said...

Best wishes and prayers for you both!