Friday, 24 September 2010

Lonely Ches

I'm bereft. My lovely fiancée has gone and left me ... for a whole weekend! Can you believe it? I've been living next to Peckham Rye for the last month, two minutes around the corner from her house, so we've seen a lot of each other. I understand that is one of the required preparations for marriage, though our living under separate roofs has caused scandal!

There's only one thing for it, or, possibly, two. I shall have to listen to some Randy Newman:



Or else cheer myself up with old Lynyrd Skynyrd tracks.

If music be the food of love, and all that.

Roll on Monday.

2 comments:

berenike said...

Scandal - heheh. Apparently my goddaughter's parents were making excuses to their friends for the fact that she and her boyfriend, and later fiance, were not living together :)

umblepie said...

Be brave Ches. Isn't there something about 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' and/or 'parting is such sweet sorrow'. By the way I don't necessarily agree with these sentiments - I don't even know where they come from! Anyway Monday draws ever nearer ....